Thursday, October 6, 2011

Birth of blogger

I’ve kept diaries for many years.  Some of the entries chronicle the celebrations of triumphs and life’s important milestones; others contain the mildly neurotic musings of a painfully inadequate colored girl.  I still appreciate the mellifluous sound of the roll of a pen on paper, and often pen my thoughts that way.  But the digital gods and goddesses have given me another medium through which I write—the blog.  I decided during a moment of utter counterproductivity that I needed an outlet (besides poetry) to free my right brain from the constriction and repetitiveness of scientific writing.  Matter of fact, I’m blogging while I am supposed to be working diligently on something I am expected to deem important.
The title of this blog is a play on my pen name, Indigo Lee, and each entry will undoubtedly put someone on notice about something important or totally inconsequential.  The complete liberation of blogging has the accompanying responsibility of addressing topics as diverse as my friendship circles are.  That being said, here is an open invitation into the matrix of my curiosity and madness to share your perspective on…whatever.  My only request is that everyone who posts be respectful of one another’s opinions.  I mean, the best soups have a variety of ingredients, right?
I’ll end my inaugural blog with…goodbye.  Peace, always.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment